The science research club facilitates students designing and executing original science research with the intention of competing in science fairs across the state of Iowa. The science Research club competes in the Eastern Iowa Science and Technology Fair and the State Science and Technology Fair.
The science research club gives students the opportunity to:
- Do individual and group research
- Compete in science fairs across the state of Iowa
- Apply for scholarships
- Enter for the chance to win all-expense paid trips across the country
- Apply for grants to help offset cost of student research projects
- Meet virtually two times a month—meet times are flexible
Recipient of 2020 Science for Society STEM grant
Washington High School was selected by the Society for Science to receive a $1,000 grant to provide take-home STEM kits for students. These STEM kits will be used to start a science research club at Washington to help students conduct science research outside of the classroom. The STEM kits range from Arduino kits and neuron spiker boxes to water treatment testing supplies. We are very excited to provide this opportunity to our students.