The program for academic and creative talent (PACT) enhances and supports the educational program and experience of high-ability students to prepare them to become world class learners and responsible citizens.
Washington High School PACT students have the opportunity to participate in the following year-long programs:
- Academic decathlon
- Mock trial
- Science olympiad
- Math team
National and state contests:
- Science and engineering day
- National math contest
- Optimist speech contest
- Fleet essay contest
- Reflections fine arts contest (film, writing, photography, visual arts, dance, music)
- Science fairs
In addition, as part of PACT, students will receive:
- Specialized guidance services—the PACT coordinator works with your academic counselor to help you with organization and academic planning.
- Career counseling and job shadowing
- Notification and alerts of opportunities to attend school year and summer workshops and seminars, leadership camps, and retreats
- Dual enrollment in college classes for ninth and 10th grade, paid for by CRCSD
All of these services are available to you, but it is your choice whether or not to take part in them. Students will receive a survey at the beginning of the school year—you simply circle anything that you are interested in participating in.